Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Glad to be done

I have been the treasurer for our dog training club for the last 2 years. Tonight I passed the torch off to someone else.

The job's not that bad. It's time consuming and thankless, but it's not rocket science. But sometime in 2009 I became a bad guy with the members. They all of a sudden didn't like how I did things, when I did things, and what I did. I lost total interest in the club and the position around June. I went through the motions and got things done, but now it's over!!!!!

Because of tonight's meeting, I ended up taking another rest day. I really wanted to put in 4 or 5 miles. It was our Christmas party and my wife really wanted me to go. It was a fun time hanging out with friends.

This weekend brings the Jingle Bell Run 5K and maybe a nice trail run on Sunday. Tomorrow I'll get 4-6 miles in and enjoy them all.

Stay safe, keep your soles to the ground, and keep moving forward.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the 5K! I'm running one this weekend with my daughter. Jingle, Jingle!

    ReplyDelete