Monday, November 23, 2009

Holy Heck, I LOVEA Hashing

Ok, so I've been a runner for a a year and a third now and am very interested in all the fun and exciting things there are to do!

I've run 5K's, 10K's, a 20K, Half Marathons, and a Marathon in my time. I've experimented with track workouts, ran on trails, ran in the rain, the snow, and in beautiful weather. Run with a dog sometimes, by myself at times, with a group at times, and with friends as often as possible. And last week, a group of 7 gorgeous women and I ran the Lights at Hartwood Acres (a Christmas light display.) The light's will never look the same from a car....

ANYWAY, at the end, we met the Pittsburgh Hash House Harriers. They had the most interesting names! (I'll leave them out, but they are both dirty and funny!) I knew a little about Hashing and thought about giving it a try but never developed enough gumption to actually go to a Hash. Until we met this group! I decided I had to give it a go!

So today, I became New Boot Brad (the term for a first time Hasher is "New Boot") and spent a few hours chasing the trail left by the Hare. The trail went through a part of Pittsburgh I'd never been to, so it was cool to see this section on foot. As we followed a series of marks of flour left on the sidewalk, we would come to checks and have to go in all directions to pick up the trail again. The Hare would leave "False" trails and you'd have to go back to the check and try a different direction. We came to a Beer Stop about a 1/3rd of the way through, had snacks and beverages, then continued on. Around 2/3rds of the way we hit another Beer Check and repeated. After we were finished, we went back to the Hare's house and ate, drank, and sang dirty songs!

I met a lot of new friends today, and they'll be giving me one of thier fun and adult oriented names soon! I fell in love with the game of Hashing today!

Stay safe, keep your soles to the ground, and keep moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment