Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Finally...

After 2 years of working on raising my good cholesterol, I finally managed to pull out a 42! My doc wants it 40 or higher, so I'm good for now! Bad cholesterol is 92 with triglycerides coming in at 66. Blood work is looking good!

I've been exhausted for the last few days and actually bagged a long run on Sunday. I felt that bad! This week I've managed to keep up with the marathon training schedule. Seems as though running is the only thing pulling me out of a funk.

I'm loving the YMCA. I've decided that I'm going to make the ETR (Express Training Room) my strength training workout 2 days a week. It's taking me WAY to long to get a workout in the Wellness center.

The ETR has 12 Strive machines. The idea is that you complete 3 sets on each machine with around a 30 second rest between sets. Maximum amount of time on each machine is 3 minutes. Combine the quick time on the machine with the lack of a crowd, I should be able to get a full body workout in less than 40 minutes. Looking forward to giving it a whirl!

Stay safe, keep your soles to the ground, and keep moving forward!
Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment