Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow, Snow, and more Snow!

We've been pummeled with snow here in South Western Pennsylvania. Not as much as some of the country received, but 24 inches Friday into Saturday and another 5 or so inches today.

I love winter and a LITTLE snow. I don't mind 3 feet of snow if it comes in a week, but 2 feet overnight is killer. Plus, it took out our power for 4 days and 5 nights! My back had enough with the shoveling, but sleeping on the recliner in the family room (the only room with heat,) and carrying firewood for 4 days did it in! I'm having a hard time standing up straight--and I'm only 36 years old! Hopefully Dr. Toomey will take care of me tomorrow!

With all this snow leading to a very sore back, I haven't been able to run for a week. Good news for my Planters Fasciitis; bad news for my mind! I'm going threw some serious running withdrawals! Hopefully, I'll be back and running by Saturday!

The Mingo Mingle FA 50k was postponed indefinitely. Snow has the park shut down. Plus, the idea was to get a lot of folks together for a fun and exciting time on the trails--the snow would have kept the number of runners at a very small number.

BUT, we have power! And right now it feels like a luxury!

Stay safe, keep your soles to the ground, and keep moving forward!
Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment